Sunday, May 8, 2022

Secrets of Dumbledore: Movie Experience SPOILER ALERT!

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! 

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! 

It felt like I was the last people on the planet to have watched Secrets of Dumbledore. It is possibly the last week it's showing in cinemas. Even the poster has been taken down from the halls. *sad face* *pout* I missed getting a photo in front of a new release display like earlier with Crimes of Grindelwald. 

The movie is brilliant! Period. 

Pickett the sneaky Bowtruckle and Teddy the pickpocket Niffler are back with serious mischief! Where would Newt be without them? Uh, shredded to pieces by a Manticore! (That was disgusting!).

The Qilin is a new, beautiful creature! It reminded me of the Hippogriff. Looking forward to seeing a Noble Collection figure and a stuffed plush in the Universal Parks! 


Can we please talk about Kowalski?! He's practically the best guy in the movie. He ends up with Dumbledore and Newt's high profile, confidential anti Grindelwald mission team and has a frying pan handy! Haha! I loved the Niffler in the frying pan scene. They should put that image on merch, I'm all game to buy mugs with that graphic. Back to Kowalski --- he's at Hogwarts and has a wand! O the fun he's had with it. He made headlines "Murderous Muggle"! The cheeky Slytherin boys pulled a nasty on him with the Cockroach Clusters, and Grindelwald did a Cruciatus on him OUCH!, but it was wedding bells for him and Queenie in the end and that makes me a very happy person! 


Credence reminded me so much of Snape! Wow! He is Aberforth's son! I was going with the theory where he would turn out to be Ariana's son. Or even Albus Dumbledore's son by chance. But Aberforth! That theory bubbled in my head when Credence and Aberforth were communicating through the mirror. But who would have known? --- So, Credence is dying! The Obscurial will finally take his life but I am hoping Newt Scamander might just intervene and come up with a breakthrough in the upcoming sequels. Credence was Grindelwald's hitman for Albus Dumbledore and we some combat there, some Obscurial style destructo duel. But Dumbledore kind of overpowers. 
That brings us to the bad guy! The new face of Grindelwald. My loyalties shall forever remain with Johnny Depp. Heartfelt wishes of support for him as his lawsuit nears a verdict in the coming weeks. He was a more stylish Grindelwald with more delicateness and finesse. His persona conveyed the magnitude of doom that Grindelwald's agenda harbored. But I can live with the new Grindelwald and his malicious doings. I feel like Johnny Depp's ice cold stares were more chilling than Mads Mikkelsen's. JD came across as a powerful, dark magic loaded evil wizard while Mikkelsen was more of a sharp, corrupt, bigot politician. Brilliant mafia don style acting but less magical is what I mean.  

Anyways folks, this is a wrap on my initial review on Secrets of Dumbledore. I'll be back with more (hopefully!) and meanwhile enjoy the little movie I made of my movie watching experience (no spoilers there).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: