Saturday, November 24, 2018

WATCHING CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD - A 'FANTASTIQUE EXPERIENCE!



P.S. ABBie Films For The Experience At The End!
#PROTECTTHESECRETS
NO SPOILERS - POTTERHEAD'S PROMISE
My mind is blown --- my senses have been stupefied --- I am shook! The Crimes of Grindelwald turned out to be a MONUMENTAL silver screen bombshell! I am glad I contributed to its multimillion dollar opening at the box office! And, I can bet every Potterhead was left shell shocked at the end of it. There's a reason the cast called out for a universal 'Protect The Secrets' appeal. The loyal Potterhead fandom stood by its word and so will I! But I will say this --- I am in a state of shock and uneasiness and I have questions! O God! So many questions!
It was the question of the year (2018) whether I would be able to go see the film at the theater or end up waiting for its DVD release and watch it like a mundane No Maj.  Believe me, I struggled! The plan was planned and canceled multiple times before I went into Auror mode to fight evil and book tickets for us! I made it the mission of my soon-to-be 32 year old existence to go to the cinema to watch this on the magnanimous screen! I wanted to do this like a serious member of the Wizarding World. I wanted to do this with a bucket of buttered popcorn in a cinema seat! It came true. 
In Sara's words from her take on the experience:

It was a moment out of someone else's life when Abbie and I booked our tickets to go and watch The Crimes of Grindelwald on the big screen. With work, chores, family, and God knows what not Abbie and I never get a chance to watch a movie in one sitting, let alone in a movie theater.

SPECIAL MENTION: BUTTERED POPCORN! NO MOVIE WITHOUT IT! PHOTO CREDITS: SARA --- SHE LIVES LIFE TO THE MAX! 
 
The darling NEWT SCAMANDER returned with his crooked walk and mumbling talk.  Please pay respect and fall in love with his special emoji that appeared on the Twitterverse! Eddie Redmayne carried forward the magizoologist's charm with the same finesse as in the previous installment. His mission has gotten tougher this time with Grindelwald on the loose and Credence out of control! Plus, the baby Nifflers were WILD!
The FANTASTIC BEASTS just got better than ever! Baby Nifflers --- standing ovation please! We have baby Nifflers in the house, and they are adorable and they are "stealing" the show - pun intended. The underwater Kelpie certainly catches the eye! It has a sort of Hippogriff feel to it, like it is dangerous but you need to maintain your stance and overrule its intimidating side to get a ride and let it feed you. The Chinese Zouwu has got to be my ultimate favorite. Haha! It's got the Cheshire Cat look from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. 
GELLERT GRINDELWALD *SALUTE* played by the legendary maestro of alternative role play, Johnny Depp, definitely overpowers Voldemort for me. I am not saying Lord Voldy was in any way less a villain. But, Grindelwald was less "MUAHAHAHAHA HARRY POTTER IS DEAD" and more calm, composes, silk voice type "My brothers..." he went in that musical tone, "My sisters" ... I was a step away from standing ON my seat and saluting! Only, I didn't wish to bother the old gentleman a seat away from me from calling the fuzz on us because he'd issued a verbal request about "keeping it low" to us already!
So, Grindelwald was more smooth, more poised, more shivering cold with his silver white eye. Throughout the movie, he moved around like a slick serpent seeking for an opportunity to make his mark. And then he leashes his villainous fury at the end.
Jude Law plays ALBUS DUMBLEDORE and what a perfect performance! He got Dumbledore perfect. The soft spoken, calm and composed, full of wisdom and experience young Albus was exactly like the old version we've seen in the Potter movies.
LETA LESTRANGE played by Zoe Kravitz is a pretty strong character introduced. I was looking forward to seeing the character build up on screen. For all I knew she was just a photograph pinned inside Newt's trunk. There was a love story there, I wanted to hear all about it.
KOWALSKI AND QUEENIE --- now that's a couple I was looking forward to seeing again! They were back as I'd hoped and funny and cute together as ever.
CREDENCE AND NAGINI --- were the second couple in the movie. The Obscurial bonded with the Maledictus in a very sad context.
Sara and I decided to watch the movie in XD format (advertised as the best). My outfit of the day was the Fantastic Beasts dress (Hot Topic), Harry Potter Chibi sneakers (Hot Topic), Mischief Managed satchel purse (Hot Topic), and skeleton gloves. It was a perfectly planned day! We got to the theatre just in time to grab popcorn with butter topping, jalapeno poppers, and potato wedges. A trip to the loo was also possible since we'd decided not to set foot out of the theatre for ANY interruptions! We'd watched The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies in IMAX and the place was so chilled to freezing that we ended up seriously uncomfortable by the time Thorin Oakenshield breathed his last!  
P.S. ABBie Films For The Experience At The End!
My cinema had Edy's ice cream and we celebrated with 2 scoops after we were done getting our minds blown in the 2 hours 15 minutes we spent before the screen. It was a moment so similar to the one when we have Florean Fortescue's ice cream at The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter (Orlando, FL) after being blown away by the Escape From Gringotts or The Forbidden Journey! We just stand there, looking at the Ukranian Ironbelly breathe fire every 15 minutes, and we just enjoy the shell shocked moment.
🎥🍿ABBie’s ADVENTURE FILMS🎬 

EPISODE 1 ••• MAKING AN ENTRANCE AT EGYPTIAN CINEMARK

🎥🍿ABBie’s ADVENTURE FILMS🎬 

EPISODE 2 ••• WATCHING FANTASTIC BEASTS: CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD 

ALSO VISIT SARA'S BLOG FOR: 
THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD: A LUXURY THEATER EXPERIENCE
Read it HERE

2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! It's so nice to see a positive one among all the negativity. I really enjoyed the sequel, even though I have so many questions about where the series is going. Loved all the new creatures and Queenie/Jacob's relationship. Sounds like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katy. Yes, I had a grand time and I'm clueless about the negative reviews popping up. I have so many questions myself. I was stunned at the ending! OMG what just happened.

      Delete

Leave Me Comments: