Wednesday, April 19, 2017

#AtoZChallenge Lessons Learned At 30: Panic Destroys You

Living 30 years in high panic mode has messed some parts of me permanently. The damage is done. Some of it is physical - like that jaw muscle that won't relax - and some is psychological. Persistent panic has put me in a sort of brain fog that undermines my true potential in many ways.
Panic has been making me do irrational things - be impulsive - and THAT my friends is not good! Gives you wrinkles before wrinkles are supposed to make an entry. I have been throwing rage fits, saying all sorts of things, bubbling inside in anger, letting panic impact my health, and the list is endless.
COPING MECHANISMSKnow the panic triggers, avoid them!
Hold back the first impulsive response!
Don't lose sleep over anything!
Desensitize yourself to avoid panic. 

2 comments:

  1. happened upon your blog via Sara's blog!! and now will be a regular visitor to both your blogs!
    while panicking is not in my nature (at least not often, cannot honestly say never), i do get what you say about rage fits and such..
    btw, love the look of your blog
    LadyInRead @ MyRandRSpace - Day 19 & Poppin-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meditation has made a huge difference for me. Things just happen more slowly, at least the emotional response to what happens. A million things cool down in that one deep breath I take before I react!
    ----------

    Eli@CoachDaddy

    P is for Too Many Projects, Not Enough Time (A Guest Post From Kathy of The Second Half of My Life)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Comments: