Note: Exclude minced chicken for a 100% vegetarian version
- Guvar (cluster) beans, preferably fresh, chopped into inch long chunks, 4 cups
- Carrots, julienne cut, 3-4 cups
- Cilantro, fresh, chopped, 1 cup
- Ginger and garlic paste, 2 TBSP
- Garlic pickle, 2 TBSP
- Caraway/Nigella seeds, 1 TBSP
- Mustard seeds, 1 TBSP
- Sesame seeds, 1 TBSP
- Minced chicken, 2 cups, optional
- Canola/Vegetable oil, 3 TBSP
- Salt to taste
COOKING#FoodJournals vid Pickled Green Beans, Carrots and Mince being stir fried in a skillet. Turned out delish #recipe pic.twitter.com/RQJwcQmaqf— Aßßie (@theabbies) August 18, 2015
- Note: The video in the Tweet embedded above is a quick preview of what the gorgeous stir fry would look like.
- In a skillet, add oil, ginger and garlic paste, all the seeds, guvar beans, and carrots.
- Mix them well and set on medium heat to fry.
- After a good two minutes of frying, add the minced chicken, garlic pickle, a generous pinch of salt, and half of the chopped cilantro, continue frying on high heat.
- When the minced chicken is well cooked (gone brownish from pink), taste to check for salt and adjust.
- Add the remaining cilantro and cover with a lid, and turn off the heat.
- Serve as a salad
- Serve with a side of rice, with a dip to go.
- Serve with Naan bread, with a chutney to go.
- Use as a pizza topping.
- Use as a filling for savory pie or rolls.
CATCH THE ENTIRE MENU HERE
DON'T MISS VEGGIE RECIPES