This delicious awesomeness is inspired by the Black Bean Veggie Burger served at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort Hotel, Orlando, Florida. It is part of their lunch/dinner menu at the Bayliner Diner. Here's my version of how I re-created the burger.
- Whole wheat burger rolls: Toasted in a toaster
- Morning Star's Black Bean Veggie Patty: thawed in microwave, grilled on a grill pan with Pam butter spray and vegetable oil.
- Tomato slices: sauteed in the same grill pan in the after-juices of the veggie patty
- Onion sliced: sauteed in the same grill pan in the after-juices of the veggie patty
- Iceberg lettuce
- Pickle (dill) slices
- Kraft's non-fat cheese singles
- Tater Tots: fried
- Coleslaw: prepared in fat-free sour cream, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper
- BBQ sauce (sugar-free)
- Side of some chips
- On the lower bun of the roll, set the patty.
- While the patty is fresh grilled and hot, set the cheese single and it will melt on its own.
- Set pickles, followed by sauteed onion slice.
- Add BBQ sauce as much as you like.
- Add dill slices [optional].
- On the top bun of the burger roll, set iceburg lettuce topped with sauteed tomato slice.
- Serve with a side of tater tots, other chips, and coleslaw.