Thursday, June 2, 2022

Johnny Depp Wins! "Veritas numquam perit. Truth never perishes."



1st June 2022 #NarcissisticAbuseAwarenessDay I wasn't too hopeful as Johnny Depp's defamation trial verdict was due 3pm EST. I'd been watching live for weeks as he fought to get his life back. My heartbeat was out of control, I'd finished all chores for the day, and was sitting with a cup of Chai, too nauseated to eat. 

Court began WHOOPS! jury was sent off to complete a worksheet of damages they'd forgotten. Heartbeat escalation! Jury walked out! Court break! Live coverage continued! Helicopters were flying overhead, fans crowded outside, and millions had tuned in to the livestream. 

My faith in humanity / justice system was restored as the verdict was read, count by count, holding Heard guilty of defamation. Big shocker! The court of justice and court of public opinion synced in a rare happenstance to side with an iconic entertainer to cleanse his reputation and free him of all slander. It was a first when international publics united on social media to bombard legal sources with key evidence. Johnny's emotionally loaded statement brought tears!

"And six years later, the jury gave me my life back. I am truly humbled." 
"From the very beginning, the goal of bringing this case was to reveal the truth, regardless of the outcome. Speaking the truth was something that I owed to my children and to all those who have remained steadfast in their support of me."
"I feel at peace knowing I have finally accomplished that. I am, and have been, overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and the colossal support and kindness from around the world. I hope that my quest to have the truth be told will have helped others, men or women, who have found themselves in my situation and that those supporting them never give up."
"The best is yet to come, and a new chapter has finally begun.

"Veritas numquam perit. Truth never perishes. "

Disney and WB owe JD a public apology and perhaps his respectful reinstatement as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean and Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts (yes, fans will understand!). It would also be professionally correct to fire Heard from Aquaman 2 considering the same set of rules that applied to JD's dismissal 6 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: