Friday, May 21, 2021

Eid 2021: Peonies, Spring Blooms, Sweets & Treats

Some nerve popped in my grapefruit and I decided to do an Eid lunch party theme this year. Maybe, it was to do justice to the Ramadan shortcomings *hides face* Super low energy levels made me go Zombie Mode for 30 days. Eid had to be a creative outburst. It's Spring and the craft store tried to sell me everything peony. So, I went with peonies! The peonies vine garland and tablecloth were the perfect things for my little family luncheon. Combine lace with flowers, add a delicate birdcage, and boom! it starts looking a bit Victorian in the house. Food had to be fast = Fast Food! Haha! Pun! (lame joke alert!) We settled for pizza from Pizza and Gyro in Virginia, and gyro from Halal Guys. 


Eid cards! The tradition was started by Mannee (she has bailed this year haha!) and Bua Beeya are carrying it onward. Sara's design this year was a geometric, retro looking art piece created by washi tape pieces and self-drawn doodles. It's hard to tell them apart, she's that good! Mine was a floral crescent moon with tassels hanging from the bottom edge. I printed out the graphic (enlarged on Photoshop) and colored it using Crayola supertip markers. I still need to write Eid Mubarak in Urdu under their names! And photos from Eid go inside as a memento.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: