Thursday, November 14, 2019

The Babbling Abbie

The Arctic Blast hit us --- as they dramatized on the news --- well, it sure got super frosty and we even got to see a couple seconds of snow. I'm going to call it nature's bluff now because "If you don't get it on camera, it's a no show" says I, says me.
The Birthday is up ahead. My level of excitement is pretty low (at the moment, subject to change) because of the zero tolerance I have for chaos. Sara is excited. She's designing a spooky cake show and I am going to be the wicked witch I believe. Hmm, what to wear? What to wear? --- I am thinking Jack Skellington shirt and a Gothic lace skirt!
We recorded the Twilight saga! Wait, what? Yes, you read it right. Now we can do that! --- Record random old movies that is ---  We upgraded to a better recorder and it has a ton of space! It was Scream earlier *winks* ---
Let's talk about Japser Hale --- uhh, I mean Twilight --- It was a down-in-the-dumps kinda time in my early twenties life (zoinks! this movie is ancient!) when I laid my hands on Twilight - the book. I was on a rogue emotional rollercoaster and the way the books helped me cope is pretty hard to explain. Perhaps it was the therapeutic effect of curling into a ball with a thick novel and reading through a vampire saga that did the trick. As each book launched, and each movie hit the screen, I followed the fandom. My life transitioned and I moved to the USA, started fresh, new, better. The Twilight saga and fandom stood there silently just like our glowing boy Edward Cullen as Bella Swan slept. --- How dramatic! DRAMMMMMMAAAAAAA! ---


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: