Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Chunky Donuts Cake

🍩 πŸŽ‚ Chunky Donuts Cake for my chunky donut sister ••• I’m no baker! Nuh-uh! And baking / decorating a cake is the toughest thing on the planet for me! ••• I bake and decorate a beauty like this ONCE only each year while Sara eyeballs my work! ••• She saves major disasters from happening •••
My idea behind this was a stack of doughnuts for the foodie that Sara is! ••• Smoothing buttercream is my worst nightmare so I always try playing safe ••• Fruity pebbles this time! ••• They started looking like autumn leaves pile ••• The top - I created a chocolate glaze drizzle! ••• annnnnd for the doughnuts stack I bought Entenmann’s Apple Cider Doughnuts and used Candy Melts to make their toppings!
THE LAYERS
Bottom two layers are chopped Mars bars! Heaven right? --- And top layer is Fruity Pebbles. This you can avoid if you don't like stale, softened cereal because that's going to happen. Also, Fruity Pebbles has a strong lemony flavor so if you are not a Fruity Pebbles person you have been warned.
DONUT STACK TOPPERS
So, I used the Apple Cider doughnuts. My initial idea was to go to Dunkin and get some. But the cake had to be small and tall. So, to be able to create a stack and balance the top spread, I headed to Walmart to get some readymade doughnuts. I was looking for plain ones because I had to make them all pink, yellow and pretty. So, I ended up comparing Krispy Creme and Entenmanns. Entenmanns were less killer in terms of ingredients. Next, I used Wilton's candy melts (yellow and pink) to glaze these awesome doughnuts. The chocolate one is not candy melts, that is the same rich dark chocolate glaze that's used on the cake. I stayed with sprinkles for pink and chocolate doughnuts, but did Fruity Pebbles on the yellow to balance the theme. 
πŸ“½πŸŽžVIDEO: THE CHUNKY DONUTS CAKE
lop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: