Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Ramadan Diaries: Day 14 - Day 16 "Chugging Water, Dougal the Demiguise, & Halfway Done!"

Okay, my energy levels are becoming extremely low and its affecting my ability to do anything. I still managed to put food on the table for the army πŸ’ͺ I’m practically living from bedroom to kitchen to lounge and back again! ••• This year, for the 80 year old Titanic lady possessing my 32 year old self, Ramadan is very tough!
πŸŒπŸŽ‚The Birthday Cake Banana Bread (featured in the photo above, besides the Demiguise on my tee) was Sara's Baked Creations new bake. Gooey moist, topped with a crusty sugary glaze, this reminded me of the sticky toffee pudding at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Those are the very beautiful Ramadan decorations from Party City. They are the most talked about decor items this season because hello! we needed Ramadan on those aisles! They're pretty inexpensive at $3 and $6. I personally love the glittery lanterns because I am a lanterns fanatic!

HALFWAY!!! ••• Days are going TOO slow for me! The nieces are quite the handful MashaAllah and I spend time taking shifts between work and playing with them chubbies. Fancy Nancy was throwing an Iftar party today. Then there was a live sing and dance gig happening mid afternoon! 🎡 ••• Mannee also improvised a Ramadan song at Iftar after we opened a yet another surprise KitKat! ••• Major project cleanup has begun for me, considering nobody gave me the time to attend to my own pLace in the house ••• Another activity is my Quran study which is rolling at a very slow pace.
🍎 🍌 🍐 πŸ“ πŸ‡ Fruit Chat! The most glorious invention of the Desi culture. We don’t do Ramzan without it!

We’ve started the second half of the fasting season. The super early morning hours, eating and drinking at 4:30am πŸ•Ÿ have become somewhat routine now ••• aha! Does that mean my muffin top has become more elastic?! It had to! It saw giant Parathas and multiple ounces of water coming! ••• The days are a challenge, why? Because cookery on an empty stomach and a thirsty dry throat is TOUGH ••• Sara made Blueberry Crumb Bars ••• Dessert of the day •••

Sehri time chugging water!

2 comments:

Leave Me Comments: