Thursday, May 16, 2019

Ramadan Diaries: Day 11 - Day 13 Halfway There

The moon 🌙🌒🌓🌔 is getting fuller by the day which means Ramadan would soon be half done InshaAllah (by Allah’s Will). Our Ramadan crescent moon cookies on the other hand are disappearing 😆 ••• lime green was the color this year as a tribute to Spring.

I revived my Ramadan nook so I could concentrate better ••• The praying in the living room while listening to multiple people screaming instructions, nieces playing around, toys playing music, and a hundred distractions - doesn’t help focusing on prayers •••
••• So I put up some tassels and rearranged some things and the nook was bright and warm ••• The ceramic minaret there is an incense burner I got from Saudi Arabia last year. They custom wrote my name in Arabic on it using a sharp spinning tattoo machine type thing. I reallllllllly wanted to feature that this year. My prayer rug (will feature it fully later) is also from Saudi Arabia. The gold foil feathers cushion is a simple Five Below purchase that I am SO proud of. It goes with the Pottehead magical theme of Wingardium Leviosa, and the Ramadan angelic theme! So, my nook has a lot of mementos that keep my spirits up. I prayed there and studied Quran through the afternoon ••• Soon, it was time for Iftar prep ••• 
*LAUGHS* --- A Grindelwald comic's been on my mind since day one! There was no way I would not have given him the limelight in the Ramadan Diaries. So, as I mentioned --- Iftar (fast breaker supper) parties are all the buzz in Ramadan. There's practically fierce competition going on between hosts to host the most memorable Iftar dinner. Side note: Donald Trump hosted one too *MUFFLES LAUGHTER* --- And just like his, some parties have exclusive entry rights *WINKS* --- 
I liked his "Ramadan Kareem" at the end of the speech. It was so full of "love" --- So anyway, where was I? Ah, yes --- Grindelwald. So in the comic a guy is inquiring about samosas. The Iftar menu needs to be spot on. You forget a traditional element and your party will be discussed by critics for generations to come.
"Did you hear they had no samosas?"
"Like, ya! What were you thinking?"
"Oh my God! They had no Rooh Afza! The host is a health freak!"
 "What? You serious? What did they serve, Gatorade?"
That's pretty much what the 'basic' critique dialogue would sound like. And then everyone's Iftar dinner outfits are also hot topic. The guy on the right is asking if Grindelwald's sherwani is from J.J. That's a popular Pakistani dress designer brand. Sherwani is a long cloak like fancy shmancy garment, in case you're wondering. It's much more colorful and vivacious than Grindelwald's coat though. 
••• Sehri Iftar Sehri Iftar Sehri Iftar ••• meal after meal after meal ••• when you’re on an empty stomach and it’s gurgling like a gassy sewage pipe, FOOD and cooking is ALL one can think of ••• 🍗 Chicken tenders were my cooking contribution to the Iftar menu today ••• I had the meat marinated all day long and I fried the last hours away ••• Also, a friend gifted me a Hogwarts glass recently! (friend of the year award 🥇) ••• and I took it out for a Rooh Afza spin ••• There’s so much halabaloo going on ••• 📷 💥 A photoshoot was underway by @sarasbakedcreations (my sister) for the Birthday Cake Banana Bread 🍌 ••• Came Iftar time and our mother began panicking ••• As the countdown begins in the last few minutes she begins to call out “make a plate make a plate make a plate” ••• and then spends the rest of the time running with food after my full grown man of a brother as he quickens to leave for prayers at the mosque 🕌 •••
That was my reply to her tweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: