Wednesday, April 10, 2019

H for Hogwarts Is My Home

I say this with tears in my eyes --- Hogwarts is my home. I leave my heart at the Wizarding World each time I come back home. The Hogwarts castle materialized in 2010 when Universal Orlando built the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Standing in all its grandeur at the shore of the Black Lake, the very British style Gothic castle carries more magic for me than the Disney castle. The turrets and towers stand tall, rising on top of a jagged cliff. To me ... this is happiness. I share the moment with Sara, almost every year as we stand at the foot of this majestic castle with a big glass of Butterbeer. 
The first time the image of Hogwarts from my mind materialized into reality was when the first movie hit the screen. It was the night time skyline scene as the first years took the boats across the Black Lake with Hagrid. It was perfect! Just the way I had imagined my safe haven to be. It was not just Harry who found comfort there. It was me as a reader too! 
The students always reach Hogwarts at nightfall after traveling via the Hogwarts Express. So, the introduction to Hogwarts in every movie is by night. Whether it is the boats sailing across the Black Lake, the Ford Anglia flying into the grounds, or the thestrals arriving at the gates, it is always by night.
Sara and I; however, always reach Hogwarts in broad daylight and our smiles are just as broad! We sip Butterbeer in its shadow, stand for hours in the waiting line for The Forbidden Journey ride that's inside it, and aimlessly wander the cobbled stone streets around it, reflecting upon how grateful we are to be there. Leaving the Wizarding World is always a matter of tears. For us, the sun never sets at Hogwarts.  
Don't forget to read Sara's very emotional account "Hogwarts ~ Always There To Welcome Me Home

1 comment:

Leave Me Comments: