Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Spring Wish In A Quiet Corner

I appreciate my unusual-ness. Being one of the peculiar kinds, my Spring wish is solitude. In an ideal situation, I like to be left alone to myself. I never really am alone. There's always someone sticking around. In my headspace though, in some ideal moments, I am by myself and that's one of the instances I have photographed up there. 
I was not completely at ease --- in fact I was a mess --- the barista had conveniently held back a big volume of milk in my Chai Tea Latte and my cup was feeling pretty light. Of course I went back and had him add more steamed milk. A good Starbucks employee would have dumped the drink and have made a fresh one. But this person was not in the mood. Moreover, his vibe was so morbid I decided to settle. Thankfully he had not messed with the pumps of syrup so adding more milk did the trick. 
Lately, I have been running into this kind of lot a bit too much: folks who do not play their part right (total mess!) and then try to turn the tables on you. Like this barista gave me the "something is wrong in your head, lady" look. I am embarking on a "I don't care, I may be mad, you gotta deal" attitude mission. Apparently that would make me feel better about myself. 
Ironically, the Chai Tea Latte that day did not get a very colorful acknowledgement (cursive Sharpie message scribbled on the cup / napkin, Spring edibles, etc.) because I was rushing to the hardware store to deal with a similar kind of human being. It was a store manager who was to give me some 'comforting' discount following an online order mixup of a refrigerator model. The fellow had been dodging me on phone calls and emails for over a week and I was after him like Voldemort was after Harry. I was sipping my rage in that latte. And all I got on an $1800 fridge was a $100 discount. I like the fridge, I have named it Grindelwald, so I took the 100 bucks, returned the water line that came with it and drove back home to get through the rest of the day. 
Instances like these are just the tip of the menacing iceberg that I wish to escape from when I wish for a quiet corner. Quiet is a dream, and it continues to be --- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: