Sunday, January 27, 2019

BABBLING ABBIE: About Gol Roti (Round, Flatbread Irony)

Like seriously! I am making #golroti (round flatbread, how ironic! no pun intended!) and that too of Barley flour. I cannot bring myself to believe at the roundness of this matter. I believe it is true then --- Gol Roti genes lurk in Pakistani genetics.
Actually, some lurk in Disney screenplays too!
I am not committing to this insanity though. I have heard horror stories from girlfriends who are forever bound to in-laws who eat multiple stacks of these fine culinary entrees everyday, 3 times a day. The girlfriends are bound to cook these everyday whether they like it or not. Sifting, kneading, and rolling fresh dough and then cooking on a flat iron wok is the rocket science behind these. I call that bonded labor when healthy, natural, frozen Pakistani rotis are being sold in bulk at all Pakistani/Indian stores in the US. Unless Mr President vetoes the import of these, we should be supporting these products. Why am I doing this roti roll? Alas, my diet-conscious father is on a whole wheat free diet --- and so the Barley roti.
I have been giving WAY too much thought to blogging ideas instead of just writing. Overthinking has always brutally killed productivity for me. I once believed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: