Thursday, November 1, 2018

My Dream Vacation


Some time ago I realized I have a gypsy mind. It wanders. So, a dream vacation has to be something like an intercontinental tour where I travel from one destination to the next and keep doing that for a good number of weeks! HEY! ONE CAN DREAM! It should be the perfect mix of train, cruise ship, airplane, and road trip mediums. The accommodations should also vary from staying in a fancy hotel to a comfy cottage inn. SARA - The Sister is my partner in mischief so she is going to be my travel buddy. Some of the destinations I wish to include in this perfect vacation are:
HOBBITON, NEW ZEALAND
From my home in the US, I'd fly to New Zealand! I have Hobbiton (The Shire) on my bucket list! Lord of the Rings is one of the two fandoms I am mad about. I need to live the hobbit life for a day and eat at the Green Dragon Inn there! Apple cider or a non-alcoholic ginger beer would be a treat! Any LOTR fan would give anything to enjoy the sets of the movies there. I'd make sure this part of the trip is in the New Zealand winter months (beginning of winter in March or April) so I can head south to Stewart Island and watch the Southern Lights (Aurora Australis). 
WARNER BROS. STUDIO TOUR HARRY POTTER
I'd stay in London for a week and visit the Warner Bros Studio Tour 'The Making of Harry Potter'. I'd loot the Primark stores of all the Potterhead merch. And, I'd take some bus rides across the countryside. 
EGYPT VALLEY OF THE KINGS (Cursed!) TOUR
Hmm --- I'd like to visit Egypt on this vacation, making sure I go in Winter here (November - April) because this desert land is wild hot in summers. So I'd definitely start this trip in April to reach New Zealand in April too for the Southern Lights. 
WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER ORLANDO
On my way back home I'd crash in Orlando at the Cabana Bay Resort for about a week or more and enjoy the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. This place is home to me - literally! This is where I wish to be for the rest of my life.
THIS ENTRY IS WRITTEN FOR NOVEMBER JOURNALING MONTH 2018. 

2 comments:

Leave Me Comments: