Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Food Journals July 2018: A Fourth Of July Barbecue, A FroYo Treat, & Lolli & Pop Freebie

Summers are pretty boring (for me! I am a Fall child!). But the planet went into a mad rage about grilling everything edible available outside in the heatwave. Warnings were being issued on the radio about staying hydrated, and my entire neighborhood was outside grilling away on the 4th of July.
FOURTH OF JULY BBQ
Of course! Fourth of July BBQ triggered off this hot summer month! The kiddie pool had my happy toddler niece splashing away, marinated chicken was sizzling away on the charcoal grill, and I was hurrying about between the kitchen and the patio frying fries, getting out chairs and BBQ serveware and drinks.
BBQ MENU
  • Chicken
  • Grilled chicken sausages for hot dogs
  • Grilled pineapple
  • Chicken Chapli Kababs
There's considerable speculation about getting a bigger charcoal grill to accommodate faster cooking of bigger loads. Typically I've seen men handling the grill and BBQ but I feel like testing my charcoal skills sometime soon. 


JUICY SUMMER FRO-YO FUN AT MENCHIES FROZEN YOGURT!

Menchies Frozen Yogurt is my go to place for fro yo. I enjoyed their new summery flavors: Dole Whip Lime Sorbet, Cherry Sorbet, Island Mango Sorbet, Pineapple Sorbet. I am crazy about juices, so these were seriously delicious! The heavy dairy ones always score lower than the citrus tropical flavor.
A POUND OF FREEBIE LOVE FROM LOLLI & POPS

Lolli & Pops "Purveyors of Sweetness" is my second most favorite confectionary after Honeydukes at the Wizarding World Of Harry Potter. I went to explore the wonderful place when Chocolate Frogs, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, and Jelly Slugs (miniature, economic versions) made it to their shelves a few years ago. Last time's Chocolate Frogs carried Gilderoy Lockhart's wizard card for me - magical miracle! And, this time was Gryffindor. Joy!
GRAB A DESSERT RECIPE! CLICK IMAGE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: