Saturday, April 1, 2017

Excalibur Is Taken

Beaten by a raging battle, the knight - in a less than shining armor - treads with heavy feet to the hardened stone. The Excalibur - rooted - jammed firm into stubborn rock. "Could I be the destined one?" he questions each step, "Is this impossible possible with my shaken hands?" His doubts know no limits.
Majestic ravens caw
A beaten armor shines
Excalibur is taken

This Spring (2017) I am committing to handwritten snippets of poetry wherever I can find the space to write. Letters and Pieces (2017) is a 30 poem collection written impromptu (according to prompts given by NaPoWriMo.net) throughout the month of April (2017) for National Poetry Writing Month. As days go by, the Index for Letters and Pieces will grow.

Day 01: Today's poem is a Haibun - mixing together 2 poetry forms: prose and haiku. As described by NaPoWriMo.net "It was originally developed as a sort of travelogue or character sketch , in which the writer would first describe a place in prose, and then pen a haiku appropriate to the place or scene." This definition alone did not suffice and I had to study some examples. I chose to describe a scene - a knight aiming at pulling out the Excalibur (sword) from the stone. And the short 3 line poetry (freestyle) to accompany it. For the photograph and media used: I used a cosplay plastic sword from my Middle-earth ensemble, a twill cushion, and a notepad paper. To write, I used a 0.7mm Rollerball pointer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: