Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pumpkin Bells, Pumpkin Bells, Pumpkin All The Way

Fall is finally picking up. The leaves are changing color, the twilight and dawn skylights have become more colorful, and the moonlight has grown more vibrant. Harvest foods have been stocked up at all food stores, the coffeehouses are brewing fall delights, and bakeries are rolling out pumpkin pies and apple and cinnamon goodness. There so much pumpkin around! I couldn't help bringing Mr. Jackson home. Yes, I have named the adorable little pumpkin that I carved today.
There were two simple tools that I got in a Pumpkin Masters kit at Giant. One was a serrated knife, and the other was a sharp edge scoop. I decided to suppress the maestro wannabe Pumpkin artist inside and draw Mr. Jackson first. Then, I carved on the guidelines. Perfect evil grin I managed. 
Of course, the complete Jack-o-Lantern was necessary. I must thank Mum for letting me borrow her precious tea lights for the crazy cause. Mr. Jackson had a lot of seeds and fiber, but he was not mushy and pulpy. I am assuming he was a raw pumpkin. He has been cut up to pieces now and is resting in peace, inside the refrigerator. I must find a recipe to cook him up soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: