Thursday, September 26, 2013

Shadowhunter Treats: Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cupcakes

As an ode to the Better in Black fans circle of The Mortal Instruments books / movie series, I put together a beautiful little treats ensemble.
I am no baker so there is no rocket science behind the chocolate fudge brownie cupcakes recipe. I simply used the Pillsbury sugar-free chocolate fudge brownie mix and instead of baking brownies, I baked cupcakes. I loved how the cupcakes cracked at the top.
I designed the toppers myself! Using Adobe Photoshop, I put in Shadowhunter runes inside the portal graphic on the movie's poster. The most difficult bit was to draw runes, with frosting, on the cupcakes. They are pretty serious runes and it took me a while to master them.
For the ensemble, I put in my corset sleeves, some coins, and a perfume bottle that makes me think of the Mortal Cup in some ways. The printed graphic that I propped up is the cover I designed for the Better in Black Facebook Group and Shadowhunters Better in Black Wordpress blog. My graphic won the most votes and is now the official banner for the blog and the group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: