Thursday, April 6, 2017

#AtoZChallenge Lessons Learned At 30: "Expect Nothing From Anyone"


ZILCH --- ZERO --- NADA ---
That should be the expectation you should have from anybody in the universe. These views are strictly my own. As time passes, every relationship, every acquaintance, every friendship changes. Every single individual transforms into a version you do not recognize. It is best to save yourself the disappointment and not to expect anything from anyone. Shattered expectations have made a big chunk of my heart very cold, very dark. I have learned to expect the worst from the planet in general. It keeps me prepared for the worst (the fault in my stars!). It prevents heartbreak. If only I had mastered the art many, many years ago. 

9 comments:

  1. oh! Dear, Don't expect but do enjoy when it lasts :) After all isn't the world what we make it to be?

    Ecstatic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was once a time when I enjoyed expectations while they lasted. I ended up breaking my heart so terribly it's become a horror movie story! Yes, the world is what we make it to be - but only in my fantasy state of mind
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. While I don't feel to the same extent as you, I do stand by the notion of not expecting anything from any acquaintance

    Absolutely Amazing Alliteration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I understand my perspective is pretty harsh. Glad to be on the same page - at least partially.

      Delete
  3. Good to know I'm not the only one who became jaded about people by the age of 30... :D My friends joke about how often I ask "what's the catch?" when something sounds good...

    The Multicolored Diary: WTF - Weird Things in Folktales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there a bigger more intense word than jaded? I would use that for people. I know what you mean about the catch. There ALWAYS is a catch.

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with you. The less you expect the lesser the chances you'll be let down.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Comments: