Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Spring In My Garden


The grass is greener;
Flowers will bouquet,
The robins sing once more.
Warm afternoons;
April showers, arrive,
Blossoms bloom my galore.

I could sit all day
On my comfy garden bench;
The likes of Bilbo Baggins,
Have a slice of cake with afternoon tea,
A hand at poetry, bragging!

This is my Shire! I am in Hobbiton!
In a euphoric state of mind.
When I sit in my Spring garden,
I cast all troubles behind.

This Spring (2017) I am committing to handwritten snippets of poetry wherever I can find the space to write. Letters and Pieces (2017) is a 30 poem collection written impromptu (according to prompts given by NaPoWriMo.net) throughout the month of April (2017) for National Poetry Writing Month. As days go by, the Index for Letters and Pieces will grow.

Day 05: Today's poem is a Spring scene from my garden - prompted by NaPoWriMo.net "write a poem that is based in the natural world: it could be about a particular plant, animal, or a particular landscape. But it should be about a slice of the natural world that you have personally experienced and optimally, one that you have experienced often. Try to incorporate specific details while also stating why you find the chosen place or plant/animal meaningful."
I wrote an ode to my Spring garden - currently my favorite landscape. For the photograph, I chose a shot of a cup of Chai that I set in the earliest days of Spring equinox on the red brick patio and walkway of my garden. It is Dinsey's Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter's Hat cup. Accompanying the photo are some floral bunches of hydrangeas (artificial), a burlap butterfly, and a mushroom cottage that was part of the Spring statuettes being sold at a crafts store.

1 comment:

  1. This poem is beautiful (also because it omits the part about Spring where bugs come out!) :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Comments: