Saturday, February 1, 2020

FOOD JOURNALS: FEBRUARY 2020 "Call Me The Angry Stove"

February's been a blur. Cooking has been a crazy juggle as usual. I found myself cooking in the early mornings before an appointment, and also in the evenings after getting done with an another. Who does that? --- Me. Had to be done. The month triggered off with V-day festivities happening around the planet. I am the anti V-day person. I aim at Cupid with a shotgun, AND I buy my own candy! I, therefore, bagged M&Ms White Cheesecake from it all! So, no harm done. 

WATCH ABBIE'S FOODIE FILMS FEBRUARY HERE
So I was cooking some new homestyle recipes because it's been a long while. Murgh Chholay (Chicken and Chickpea curry) made a comeback after a big break. Made Besan Ki Kadhi again! Maggie noodles continued to be the weekends' healthy comfort food hit with the nieces. Pepperoni Rotini was the pasta bake I managed to put together. We made beef Haleem this time instead of chicken. The beef was super tough and stayed chewy till the very end. Good taste but not the very best of the best I'd say. I like my quickfix, simple chicken haleem. Gajar Kheer (Carrot pudding) was a delicious sweet treat giving Winter a final cheer! 
I was quite the Angry Stove from Beauty and the Beast for the whole of February. Why? The daily panic! Do we have lunch? Do we have dinner? Why? O, because today I am going out for this, tomorrow I am out for that. When will I cook? And then the critique and the special dietary needs. FACEPALM! --- To kill the heebeegeebees of the menace that daily cookery became, I actually took comfort in my kitchen apron. I got my Gryffindor apron ready to roll with all the pin buttons! I need to write about that in detail. (Note to myself).
The movie night with the nieces definitely added the spice I needed. We enjoyed the Movie Theater Butter popcorn. I must say, the store brand is not as good as the Orville Redenbacher's popcorn. I need to get those on board. Palmer's Yeti shaped chocolate treat was also served in the girls' favorite Hard Rock Cafe guitar plate. 

Sara and I have been enjoying our Starbucks Hot Cocoa Scene every weekend, until of course my stomach surrenders.    
RECIPE OF THE MONTH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: