Saturday, April 6, 2019

F for Forbidden Journey

Behold! Those "RoboCoaster G2" "Enchanted Benches" (ride terminology). Strapped into these seats, I fly the broomstick with Harry, Ron, and Hermione! The magic unfolds at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at the Islands of Adventure, Universal Orlando. Those fuzzy ladies in blue headscarves are me and Sara and that's our ride photo!
WAIT TIME EXPERIENCE
I love rides that build a story during the wait time. Wait time is 90-120 minutes unless you get lucky! So, while I wait I like to be kept awake without having to try myself! The wait time for this baby is going through the Hogwarts castle so this is LOVE! The Phoenix entrance to Dumbledore's office, a Hogwarts classroom, the hall with moving portraits are some of the brilliant experiences riders get to go through while waiting for their turn. This is so phenomenal that often non-riders get in just to see the castle and then exit right before the ride boards. 
THE RIDE EXPERIENCE (SCREAMS INCLUDED!)
After being strapped into my seat with 3 other riders (one is Sara, of course!), we move along sideways and hear Hermione doing the countdown. Following instructions, I say "Observatory!" and we take the Floo Network (BURST OF GREEN LIGHT!) into the Astronomy Tower of the Hogwarts castle. I brace myself to begin screaming!  I find myself flying around inside the turrets and towers of the Hogwarts castle and then out into the grounds under a bridge! Hagrid's pet Hungarian Horntail has gone missing! WHOA! He is right behind us! SCREAAAMMMM!!! I take the dive on my broomstick --- the valley around Hogwarts in full view --- we fall through a hole and come face to face with the dragon! WHEEZZZZ!!! He blows fire and heat at us! --- Love the wet and hot on my face! ---
 
Next up --- We are down into the Forbidden Forest! --- Spider attack! --- Aragog greets us with wet spit! YUCK!!! --- The animatronics sometimes touch my shoes! --- the Whomping Willow attacks! At this point, the ride totally flips us on our backs! WHOOSH! I am staring at the thorny, lethal branches of the manic tree coming down to stomp me! --- Next stop! We fly into the Quidditch pitch! A match is going on! Draco Malfoy bullies our broomsticks! Rogue Bludger! --- DEMENTORS IN THE HOUSE!!! --- Fly awayyyyyy!!! --- Harry tries to lead us away towards the castle but we fall into the Chamber of Secrets! Dementors chase us in dozens and one of them begins to perform the kiss on one of the riders --- I have been lucky once! --- the riders get to see a flash of your photo in air before them if your soul is being sucked by the Dementor. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! --- this is where we get to see Harry perform the Patronus Charm! --- Free from Dementors we fly over the Black Lake back into Hogwarts where Professor Dumbledore and others are cheering us upon coming back! We are sent back through the Floo Network! ------ WHOA!!! MIND BLOWN!!!  
Phew! I can't wait to revisit again! The drops, spins, twists, turns, and flips are calling me! Don't forget to read Sara's take on the ride in her writeup "The Forbidden Journey - The Best Ride EVER!" --- she's written in great detail about the experience of waiting in line and being inside the Hogwarts castle. And she is very right when she says: 
"You feel every single page of the Harry Potter books in those moments. You feel every single scene of the movies. You feel the entire Wizarding World. You feel the magic. It is just beyond words."

CHECK OUT THE POV OF THE RIDE SOMEONE POSTED ON YOUTUBE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: