Wednesday, April 3, 2019

C for Chocolate Frog

To the Muggles (non-magic) folk reading this --- As the Harry Potter Wiki describes "Chocolate frogs are a very popular sweet made from chocolate in the form of a frog. They come with a collectible card of a famous witch or wizard in each pack. The frogs are made of seventy percent Croakoa. Presumably, this substance is what allows them to act like an actual frog."
One of the few magical edibles Harry comes across on the Hogwarts Express are Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans and Chocolate Frogs. Well, when I read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (the first book!) I didn't know someday I would get to hold a real Chocolate Frog in my hand.
The giant Belgian chocolate, cast into the shape of a gianormous frog, is a must buy for everyone who visits the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando, Florida. Of course they are not made from Croakoa, so do not expect them to display the same antics!
Some critics (and miserly parents) argue that for $11+ the chunk of chocolate is not worth the buck. I could not disagree more. Fans know that this is not simply a eat and discard the wrapper kind of confectionery. The 3D pentagon shaped box in itself is a keepsake. The wizard / witch card (3D) inside has collectors' value! So far I have got a couple of wizard cards: Rowena Ravenclaw and Helga Hufflepuff. Sara has Helga Hufflepuff, Hengist of Woodcroft, and ALBUS DUMBLEDORE! Okay, I would like a popular wizard someday! I'd particularly pass out if I get a Gilderoy Lockhart!
Lolli and Pops, a confectionery store, started selling some smaller versions of Chocolate Frogs. They're a licensed Harry Potter merchandise and have cartoonish, 3D wizard cards in them too. I have Rubeus Hagrid and GILDEROY LOCKHART in them! Infact, getting Gilderoy Lockhart was a magical moment for me. I tweeted the unboxing and my crazy reaction and tagged Gilderoy Lockhart (the Twitter profile for the Hogwarts Professor) and won an acknowledgement from him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: