Friday, March 29, 2019

When The Going Gets Tough ... Penny Wise Runs Out Of Fuel

Ahhhhhhhh I am out of fuel ... seriously ... and by that I mean physical fuel and emotional juice. The potential of humans around me though to exploit my stamina is incredible. They keep me running on dry air.
I surprise myself every once in a while because when the going gets tough I bloody don't know where the capacity comes from to tolerate the new load. I don't know how to put the chaos in words. It is just too much to handle. So, this photo (up there!) is when for the first time in my life the gas ran out! Okay, nearly ran out! The gas tank appeared to be threatening me to drive to the nearest station and fill the machine up before I get stranded in the middle of the road. Usually, damsels in distress run into macho knights in shining armor when they are stranded in a roadside emergency like that during broad daylight hours. But judging by my luck, I would have had run into a clown with red balloons asking me to join him for he has cookies.  
 
"Meet Pennywise," Abbie's Luck would have had said.
And so, to avoid that not so pleasant encounter, I decided to find the first safe gas station to fill up. I say safe because once again, I am not the Bheegi Bhaagi Larki from the Bollywood song about a damsel in distress stuck with a broken car on a rainy night. I would not run into a good-looking, chivalrous auto mechanic Ajnabi (stranger) at the gas station. But, I would run into the very gas station from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Okay!
So I was saying ... before that gorgeous shot of Pennywise, that for the first time, my car ran out of gas. I am the person who fills up the tank when the letter E is far far away. Well, actually, a very crazy mother begins to hyperventilate when the tank reaches halfway. But the daily rut has robbed us all of our normal panic reflexes as well. So that day I had to ignore the bit that I had to pay about $3 extra without my Giant rewards because I went to a Safeway side station instead of a Giant side station. *FACEPALM* Pun intended --- it was rather NOT a penny wise situation. 
At the end of the day, as the Bollywood saying goes Chalti Ka Naam Gari (what runs is a car). The show must go on. 

2 comments:

Leave Me Comments: