Friday, August 24, 2018

POTTERHEAD CHRONICLES OF AUGUST: Celebrating Fantastic Beasts & Mr. Scamander


I tend to slip into a comatose state when there's extensive work overload. And that's exactly what had happened when I had seen Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them for the very first time (left home alone after an excruciatingly busy day). I overlooked a lot of details! I was left alone again in September and I re-watched! Suckerpunched! There's SO much more to this movie than I remembered from last time.

A post shared by The Abbie (@abbiesadventures) on

To begin with ...
Newt Scamander, the non-typical male lead, is an adorable character of a magizoologist. And, Eddie Redmayne is a gem of an actor to have portrayed the socially awkward, vulnerable, very gentle but seriously skilled wizard's very, very perfectly. 


There's been a whole pandemonium from the critic's table (deaf ears to them!) about how he's been a boring and weak character. I certainly did not see any weakness or boring-ness (that's a word in the wizarding circles, okay!). I mean --- you can't always have a mighty, jacked up male hero (think Thor!) punching holes through the walls. Sometimes, there's just some gentle guy patching them back up. 


Having said that --- it does not mean Newt Scamander is a weak wizard. Not the spineless category of men. He's worked with Ukranian Ironbellies (dragons!) and he can be pretty fierce when he needs to. But most of the time he's your non-worrying, no trouble, stay out of the spotlight kind of wizard!


There's definitely a lot more of Newt Scamander coming up ahead in the second installment of the movie. Meanwhile, I am fangirling all over the place. I ordered the Newt Scamander Funko Pop (limited convention edition), a Funko keychain, and got a Moon cactus in Newt's signature teal shade and named it --- Newt Scamander. How perfect is that?
*******
MY FAVORITE MAGICAL CREATURES
*******

You've got to love the Niffler! The naughty little menace steals your heart along with your treasures.

And --- Pickett, the Bowtruckle, with his attachment issues is another cutie! It was heartbreaking when he was being traded!


Frank the Thunderbird! Inspired by the American Eagle, this is a majestic creature and I adored the ending scenes that were sort of the showcase moments for Frank as he flies over New York, obliviating (erasing bad memories of) the entire metropolis  and all physical damage is repaired by wizards and witches! Everything heals ---  I wish it was possible to undo the damage mankind has afflicted on the world and its people in a way similar to the movie. Alas --- evil is more powerful these days than good --- so I treasure the ending scene so much! Take a look. And keep following the POTTERHEAD CHRONICLES!


*******
WELCOMING THE NEWT SCAMANDER FUNKO POP TO THE FAMILY
*******


I welcomed the Newt Scamander special edition Funko Pop to the family last month. It arrived with the package damaged and the head wobbling and accents chipped. It was so heartbreaking ••• fortunately the seller refunded the money •••

A post shared by The Abbie (@abbiesadventures) on

Tribute to Newt Scamander ••• worked on putting graphic bits and pieces together to come up with this printable for my HP wall collage. I’m a worrier and I need constant reminders that stress will slay me! Newt’s words are legend! When a crooked, adorable man says something ••• listen!
*****WELL  ••• THIS HAS BEEN A "FANTASTIC" POTTERHEAD MONTH. I'LL SEE YOU THROUGH SEPTEMBER, DON'T MISS!!! *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: