Garlic cloves, diced, 4
Boneless chicken, 3 breast piece fillets, julienne cut strips
Canola (or other vegetable) oil, 1/2 cup
Black pepper powder, 1 teaspoon
Salt, to taste
Red Chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon, (or acc to taste)
Onion powder, 1 teaspoon, substitute with paste if unavailable
Onion, 3 small, cut in squares or julienne
Green bell peppers, small, 2, square or julienne cut
Mushrooms, sliced, canned, 1 cup
Soy sauce, 2 tablespoons
Cornflour, 1 tablespoon
Crushed tomato pulp or puree, 3 cups
Grated Parmesan cheese, reduced fat option available, 1/2 cup
Pre-boiled angel hair (thin) spaghetti
1. Add 4 cloves diced garlic, 3 fillets of boneless chicken breast julienne-cut (in thin, small strips), 1/2 cup canola (other vegetable) oil, 1 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, and 1 teaspoon onion powder in a large, deep cooking pan and mix elements well.
2. Set the pan on high heat and stir fry until chicken begins to change color from pink meaty to slightly white.
3. Add 3 sliced onions (in long slices or squares), 2 small green bell peppers (I used frozen) chopped in squares or julienne, and 1 cup sliced mushrooms and continue to stir fry for another minute.
Note: You may choose to add another vegetable of choice for example carrots, peas, and corn.
4. Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and stir fry for another minute.
5. Add 1 tablespoon cornflour (thickening agent) mixed well to a paste with water and continue to stir fry until elements begin to look thick.
6. Add 3 cups of crushed tomato pulp or tomato puree and fry for another four to five minutes until the red of the tomatoes darkens, they acquire a ripe taste, and check for salt. Add more if less. You may add the Sriracha chili sauce - completely optional.
7. Add water while stirring until gravy like consistency is achieved.
8. Add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (low fat Kraft is available) and stir well until it has melted. Conduct a second salt taste check and adjust.
9. Add pre-boiled angel hair (thin) spaghetti and stir them well with all elements and cook with a covered lid and medium heat until the gravy has dried more than half way.
10. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan.