One of the things that I have discovered about myself over a period of 7 years is that I do not mourn bygones. There is always the unexpected waiting to unfold. And I may not be a rainbows and butterflies optimist but I do like to believe that God has always planned for my best in the time to come. If it is good, it is brilliant. And if it is bad then it may or may not kill me. If it kills me I will go down with glory, and if it does not kill me then it will make me stronger.
REASONS I CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR
- A new cycle is beginning. Even if it would be the same sunrise and same sunset the next day, it is always great to cease the opportunity for a fresh start.
- The new year will be a chance to revise goals, reset resolutions, and evaluate the cycle that has passed and measure my progress.
- Events and holidays will once again repeat and there is always room for celebrating all over again.
- Birthdays will repeat once again!
- My mistakes have only taught me about the errors that will not be repeated the next year.
- The failures have only taught me how to get back on my feet again.
- My successes have registered themselves with golden words in the script of my life.
- The emotionally unnerving times have become the past and will not haunt the future if I do not think of the bygones.