Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Chestnut Praline Latte >>> The Crumbly Holiday Love


The Chestnut Praline Latte as advertised on Starbucks Website
I have officially downed the Chestnut Praline Latte! It is the proud holiday creation of Starbucks and the creativity has flowed over after five years in holiday drinks. The website menu explains CPL as follows:

Chestnut Praline Latte
Espresso, steamed milk, and flavors of caramelized chestnuts and spices. Topped with whipped cream and spiced praline crumbs. Espresso, steamed milk, and flavors of caramelized chestnuts and spices. Topped with whipped cream and spiced praline crumbs. Stop in and sip your way to seasonal bliss.
This has got to be a tough competitor for the Caramel Brulee Latte to which I gave my heart in 2010. I wonder if this year I shall switch loyalties? I can justify my treachery by saying that the Chestnut Praline has serious baked-dessert magic speaking in its favor. Even though I requested my barista not to make whipped cream swirls on top of my drink, the smidgen of whipped cream and the praline crumbs that floated on top made my heart melt! It tastes amazing! It is warm, it is like candy of some sort, and yet it reminds me of baked delicacies like cookies and cakes. I seriously wish I had a biscotti to go with it, but alas my weight control issues. 

I have a Birthday Reward flashing on my Starbucks App and I think I am going to spend it on another CPL this Fall.

I write a lot about coffee. Read more from the Coffee Casanova

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: