Sunday, November 17, 2013

NJM16 Because-It's-Birthday-Season Mood


There is so much candy around! It's a combination of a lot of things.
Post-Halloween candy clearance is for folks who look for heap candy deals.
Dad surprised us with an exquisite Godiva truffles pair. He gets a box when he flies.

Sherris and I in the Binge-Because-It's-Birthday-Season mood. B00 Yeah! It is almost impossible to plan dieting, really. October and November are heavy duty birthday months in this household. I count December too, because Salman Khan celebrates his birthday in December! He's practically the only gentleman in Bollywood who has my vote for style, personality, attitude, all at the same time.
AND, Dr. D. decided to put a candy box at her reception table because of the holiday season I believe. Good Lord! Where will you go, where will you hide?
It is ironic, really, there is dust piling on the treadmill and fat piling around the belly.
***********************************************************************
I finally have a Social Media Plan for posting stuff on my Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Pinterest. One day for each should do it. I can't be there everywhere at the same time, can I? Nope, siree! Here we go:
Monday: TWITTER
Tuesday: PINTEREST
Wednesday: TUMBLR
Thursday: INSTAGRAM
***********************************************************************
Saadi Aapi & Reej dropped by and celebrated an Octo-November Birthday. Sherris' birthday had passed and mine is around the corner, so Saadi Aapi got us a Carvel ice-cream cake! This was super, duper sweet! When people like that do things like that, it makes me want to believe in humankind all over again.
The basket weave ceramic bowls were my gift! Love you, Reej. I adore tableware and I put together some garlic bread to welcome the beautiful little things to Abbie's Cafe.
************************************************************************
OCTO-NOVEMBER BIRTHDAY BASHES '13 HIGHLIGHTS
'Tie-Dye' Love Birthday Cake
The festivities triggered off with Mom's birthday and Sara's Baked Creations put together another masterpiece cake. She named it the 'Tie-Dye' Love Birthday Cake. You can access the complete Facebook photo album HERE
The Blooming Blossoms Cake was another gorgeous, lady-like cake by Sara's Baked Creations done to perfection for our sister-in-law. Catch the photos HERE.
Sara's 5 feet tall fat teddy bear, Po, also celebrated his birthday. We were in the midst of overwhelming house work and life in general, so I remembered just in time and fixed a pudding with a teddy bear chocolate syrup topping. I made the chocolate syrup look like a teddy bear, using a cookie cutter and pouring the syrup in. It was a thick, Hershey's sugar-free sundae topping. I shall write about this on Abbie's Cafe. 
The Great Baker Birthday Cake

I debuted in the world of cake decorating (seriously amateur) by baking Sherris a Chocolate Devil's Food Cake and decorating it Abbie style. Check the photos HERE on Abbie's Cafe& Adventure Diaries. This one needs a blog entry too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: