Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NJM13 Give Me Coffee And Nobody Gets Hurt



Okay I am totally aware that a large majority of humankind does not harbor the same love for lattes and cappuccinos as I do. And, I am not even remotely hinting that one needs to be a java romantic to earn a place in my good books. My good books are very, very difficult to register in. But, when you do not appreciate my need to park the car and grab a McCafe non-fat sugar free French Vanilla latte, you are crossing the line.

I go slightly more bonkers during Fall and Winter when every coffeehouse brews up darling flavors of latte goodness! There is also hot chocolate and cider bubbling away. Last night when I was cuddled up in my Snuggie, watching Jericho *swoons*, I came across an Einstein Bros. Bagels advertisement luring me in for a Caramel Spice Cookie Crumble! That is the name of  latte. It has whipped cream and Snickerdoodle chunks sprinkled all over. I used to envy ice-cream lovers and the variety they enjoy, I have no complains anymore.

On a side note, in fact the front note, you do not buy me a coffee unless it is a date - which it never is! I recall repetitive (sweet though!) gestures by a kiddo at college, a couple of years younger than me, to buy me my daily brew. God! That was SO thoughtful of him but it was a downright blow on my self-esteem when he paid every, single day despite the tantrums I threw. It is a shame, the nice gentleman-ly characteristics are either in very young ones, or the very old ones.

I remember begging my brother for rides to the Starbucks Coffee down the block when I moved to the USA. I couldn't drive because I hadn't gotten my permit. That was what? 3 years ago? Yes. Now, I practically run on java. He was another "man" who never understood what my coffee halabaloo is all about. "It's just coffee! People pick it up everyday on their way to work." he said. *sigh* That is when I half-concluded that he and I are not genetically related. The remaining half, I concluded an year ago due to "other" reasons *evil grin*.



Abbie's Cafe & Adventure Diaries

Promote Your Page Too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: