Monday, August 19, 2013

Purple Wedding Reception D.I.Y. Decor


It is always one big blog entry when I am in a chatty mood, and today I am in a chatty mood. Wow! It has been a very, very, very, very hectic past one month (slightly longer) and it is a state of emergency now because I need to get my life back. There was the month of Ramadan (Islamic fasting season), an accounting and finance course, and wedding planning. I was not cooking in Ramadan because Lil Sis and I had done the bulk cooking (Lil Sis did the major share) and stocked a good deal in the freezer to last for an entire month. I literally hibernated for thirty days. And now I am in a polar bear's dilemma - wondering what unattended area to attend to first.
WEDDING PLANNING D.I.Y. PURPLE THEMED WEDDING RECEPTION


Lil Sis and I teamed up once again to bring a fabulous D.I.Y. wedding reception dinner event to life. There were two things to tackle. The white plastic dinner tables were to be decked up to look elegant, and the venue manager wanted a display for the guests to identify the hall's entrance by.

The dinner tables were set up using purple plastic table covers. They had to be purchased in wholesale and in a round shape to accommodate. The centerpieces were round glass bowls and two flowers; purple and white, and gold doilies. To add to the ambiance, I put printed paisley napkins as place mats for each guest. The purple theme looked pretty classic.


The favors were basically candy pouches gifted to each guest. Gold organza pouches were purchased in wholesale online. Our candy selection included purple wrapped dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses, gold wrapped almond milk chocolate Hershey's Kisses, large purple/gold/orange chocolate coins, and milk chocolate pearls colored in purple and yellow. The serving trays were decorated with golden garlands to match the wedding festivities.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: