Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cafe Fascination

The reaction I give when I come across a coffeehouse or a cafe is similar to what kids do when they arrive at the gates of Disneyland. That certainly doesn't mean my love for Disney is any less. It's just that I have a stronger romance with coffee than with Mickey Mouse.
I can't be blamed for the love affair because coffee and art go together and I am a creative soul with an eye for anything artistic. The first that I saw of coffee was the Capuccino, frothy and aromatic as my mother sipped it with two cubes of brown sugar in the lobby of the Cumberland in London. Ever since, I knew it's magic.
I remember each of my coffee adventures:
The Starbucks kiosk at the London Heathrow Airport, espressos sipped during the chilly outdoor BBQ's at a club in Karachi city, memorable trips to the cafe attached to the Safeway Select stores or with Target during the chilly evenings of Fall, even the strong brew I sipped when all heat records broke and scales touched 101! Yes, seasons don't affect my coffee drive.
I am never a calm customer at a coffee shop because there's so much coffee paraphernalia around for me to photograph. I envy the barista's job by the way ... it's so brilliant and creative.
There is no stopping me even in store aisles where they stock coffee. I have a minimal cappuccino machine called Mr. Coffee. :) Yes, he's shy. I haven't really tested it out too much. But having moved to a new place and settled down with a nice, beautiful kitchen alhamdulillah, I wish to set up a small little cafe counter of my own, inshAllah.
Also, I love collecting coffee cups from all sorts of different cafes I sip at. It scares  some of my friends because WHO COLLECTS COFFEE CUPS? Uhh ... when people can collect stamps and what not ... why not coffee cups?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: