Thursday, February 16, 2006

Unique Friendship

Photograph: http://www.wallpaperswala.com/alone-boy-in-rain/
Poem from Voice of Dementia collection [2005-2006]


Here's a toast to friendship,
Most unique the world can see.
We have vowed to be together,
Solitude and me.
When my shadow departs,
It stays through the dark to give an ear,
Calming my shattered senses,
Absorbing each tear.
It talks to me of the darkness,
Tells me not to fear, keeps conversing.
Painfully; yet, we dance each moment,
Melancholic, we keep flirting.
Two of a kind - us decent flirts,
Neither has the intent to cheat.
In the arms of darkness we accept,
A victorious defeat.
Speaking a language of our own,
Sharing a common thought,
Both numb, both disturbed,
Each one an ultra Goth.
When I am need of shedding fear,
It vows to protect, vows to save,
Hail! This blessed friendship,
That keeps a broken heart brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: