Saturday, February 18, 2006

Misshapen Me

[Poem from my Voice of Dementia collection 2005-2006]

Misshapen by reality,
I wasn't always like this you know?
The eyes were brighter,
You could see them at night!
The eyeliner didn't come free,
The shade was never obnoxious red.

My look was never morbid you know?
Didn't look like Lady Lestat from the grave,
Laughed more often, annoyingly hard,
Today, my neighbors sleep undisturbed.
They sleep at ease,
I pretend to be deceased.

A regular baby, I cried on time,
No extra whacks on the rear.
Was I to remember the insolent doctor,
Who hung me upside down
In my birthday suit to be precise!
She would have fled the country by now!
Fearing an 'accidental' demise.

Neither born Goth, nor a heavy metal fan,
The birth certificate bears proof.
The emotional gimmick today,
The masochist,
The death rock fan, a Gothic bard,
Wasn't always a freak you know?

The 'roses are red & violets are blue girl'
Has a R.I.P. sign on the door now.
Black cats, ankhs, anarchy A's,
Hang on walls in place of dolls.
I talk to the mirror, I laugh at walls,
I call myself a rockstar!

The label 'wasted' fits me,
I like the oddest fashion trends
I have a guitar I dream to master
My maths attempts are pure disaster
I have those crazy Converse shoes
I dream to own high zip-up boots.

I want my own designer label,
I like being high on caffeine
No drugs or hard fries for me!
'Lost' is my adjective for life,
The last label I want on me
Is that of a laundry-doing 'wife'

If left with no option but a wedlock
I want the dress to be black because
Black defines me,
No questions asked.
It is my color,
The rest are just ... un-blacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: