Tuesday, April 10, 2018

I - It's In The Little Trinkets


I was inspired by a poem I wrote for the National Poetry Writing Month, for today’s contribution to Lessons Learned At 31.

I was inspired by a poem I wrote for the National Poetry Writing Month, for today’s contribution to Lessons Learned At 31. Tiny little trinkets, material objects; particularly stationary items like pins and magnets etc., are my guilty pleasure. I find great comfort in looking at them at stores like Target, Walmart, AC Moore, Five Below, and Dollar Tree! Sometimes, it is window shopping and otherwise I am actually loading the cart. They’re most non-pricey unless I have to splurge on a TV show or movie merchandize! My trinkets from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter are pricey and yet priceless! This is something that’s been true to my nature since childhood. 

At 31 I can confidently say that these precious little things can provide great comfort. I look at them, decorate my surroundings with them, Instagram them, blog about them, and change their displays seasonally. I believe I took to material objects because I found these lifeless; yet full of life, little treasures to be more sincere and more encouraging than human friends and relationships. I mean, my Disney erasers, sharpeners, pencil cases, and stationary items were a treat to just play around with when I had been bullied by a bunch of meanies in elementary school. That's just a starters kind of example.
So, like pets I have had these trinkets to entertain me, to converse with me on creative levels, and to inspire me.  

2 comments:

Leave Me Comments: