Recipe by Crazy For Crust
The sugar free pumpkin snack cake was the star of my Thanksgiving feast. It won 5 stars from Mom which is a miracle! I made a few changes to the original recipe. Also, I did not use a hand blender but just a hand held whisk to beat the batter. Take it away.
- Pillsbury sugar free yellow cake mix, 1 box
- Pumpkin Puree, 2 cups
- Vegetable oil, 1/3 cup
- Eggs, 2 large
- Pumpkin pie spice, 1 tablespoon
- Melted butter, 4 tablespoons
- Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
- Granulated Splenda, 4 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 9x13" pan with foil. Spray Pam Original on the foil.
- In a bowl beat eggs, 1 cup of the pumpkin puree, oil, and pumpkin spice.
- Gradually add this egg and pumpkin mixture to the cake mix in a large bowl while whisking thoroughly with a whisk.As the mixture begins to get difficult to whisk, add the remaining pumpkin puree.
- Save 1/2 cup of this batter in the bowl and pour the remaining in the baking pan.
- In the saved batter, add melted butter, cinnamon, and Spleda and beat well.
- Pour this batter over the batter in the pan. Swirl with the back of a silicone spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick come out clean.