Sunday, January 11, 2015

>>>Back to 2014>>>


Skeet Ulrich Replied To My Tweet

March 2, 2014 - Big moment of revelation: I have loved Skeet Ulrich (Billy Loomis psycho from Scream) since 1998 something! Practically, I adore every human being who looks like him or resembles him in the slightest way. He replied to my tweet at 1 am in the dead of the night, and I was not breathing for a few seconds!

Sara's Baked Creations Reached 5,000 Fans
April 8, 2014 - Our fans at Sara's Baked Creations touched the 5k mark. Do join our Mission Sweetness at Sara's Baked Creations on Facebook

Attended The Reception For Graduates at President Loh's House at the University of Maryland
April 30, 2014 - President Loh hosted and invited the graduating class of 2014 for a reception at The University House, the President's mansion. Bestie was one of those super awesome graduates. I was her guest!

President's List Academic Excellence Award for 4.0 CGPA
May 16, 2014 - This was a very proud moment for me and family. I had been working on maintaining a 4.0 GPA throughout my MBA and my university decided to honor me along with others at a ceremony. 

Bestie Baby Sister Sara Graduates from Robert H. Smith School of Business
May 2014 - Robert H. Smith School of Business hails as the top business school in Maryland and my Bestie graduated with a BS in Business Admin from there in May. 

Cured TMJ Syndrome
May 2014 - I had had enough with TMJ pain and so I immediately took my dentist's advice and got an NTI device (a bite plate) made. It rests between my front three teeth when I go off to dreamland so I don't grind my teeth. Ta-da! The pain's gone!

Graduated with an MBA in Human Resource Management
June 28, 2014 - There was the graduation gown around me, the clink of gold medals on my chest, and the graduation cap on my head. I felt like I was on top of the world when I walked into the Verizon Center in D.C. and my visual showed up on a huge TV screen overhead. History was made! I graduated with an MBA in Human Resource Management. 

Started Working at Sara's Baked Creations Officially
June 2014 - Bestie and I got together and formalized Sara's Baked Creations. I helped design the logo and the Mission Sweetness tagline. 

Got Myself Orthotics 
August, 2014 - I got orthotic soles for my shoes and it healed my lower back pain! My chiropractic doctor advised me on this. Frankly speaking, I had no faith in orthotics at all. I mean, how can some soles cure back pain?, I wondered. With the orthotics in my shoes, I am a whole new person now. I can stand and cook for hours, and I can do a walkathon! 

HP Centrino Dies
15 August, 2014 - HP Centrino was a 19th birthday gift that I carried with me for 9 years! It was gifted by my mother and I used it to ace my assignments throughout business school. It accompanied me like a best friend. I became a published poet, writer, and blogger through this very machine! Alas, it wore out and broke down after a 9 year relationship. I shall always cherish my Centrino. Rest in peace, love.

Baked and Decorated My First Cake
October 19, 2014 - This has got to be the highlight accomplishment (after graduation) of 2014. I designed, baked, and decorated this beauty myself! It was for my Bestie's birthday!

Jab We Met Anniversary
October 20, 2014 - Sara was born on October 19 and I met her on the 20th when she came home from the hospital. We started a new tradition this year, of celebrating our first meetup anniversary.

Survived Root Canal Re-treatment Surgery
November 13, 2014 - I got a mad flare-up from the root canal re-treatment! The gore was terrible (witnessed by Sara) but it was painless when the procedure was happening. Later, I was writhing in pain and went into a heavy dose of codeine painkiller and antibiotics. 

Became an Aunt for the First Time
November 20, 2014 - A terribly, excruciatingly, and lethally painful flare-up of the root canal re-treatment surgery had subsided, but my head was still swimming with the narcotic codeine painkiller and antibiotics. The spell was broken with the coming of my niece Gubby! Sara and I became Phuppos (aunts) for the first time. 

Hosted A Grand Baby Welcome Tea Party
December 6, 2014 - To welcome our niece, we had a major party at home. Sara and I combined the magic of Abbie's Cafe and Sara's Baked Creations to present a fantastic Alice in Wonderland Hi-Tea Buffet. 

Grad Trip 2014 to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
December 2014 - Ending 2014 at Universal, Orlando was the ultimately best decision of the year. It was magic, bringing in 2015 at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The trip was a Bestie thing shared by me and Sara with each other. We've had a great sister time and there are so many adventures, I will be writing down stories all year round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: