Chicken mince, 1 kg
Chopped spinach, 3-4 cups [I used frozen, chopped spinach]
Chopped potatoes, 3 small ones
Chopped cilantro, 1 cup
Cumin seeds, 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder, 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste, 1 tbsp
Coarse Black Pepper powder, 1 tbsp
Tomato purée, 1 cup
Cooking oil [I used canola], 1 cup
1. In a large cooking pot, add chicken mince, cumin seeds, and ginger garlic paste.
2. Fry on medium heat while using a spatula spoon to fine crush the mince. Add about half a tsp of salt.
3. While the mince is frying, add potatoes to a saucepan and bring to boil. Keep checking on them until they are almost done.
4. Add a tsp of turmeric powder to the mince and keep frying. Add 1/2 tbsp black pepper.
5. When the potatoes are almost done, [use a knife to poke them] add the spinach and boil until it becomes slightly limp. Spinach should not be overheated because it turns black. A proper boil takes about a minute or two. The potatoes will be done by then. If not, don't worry because they will cook with the mince.
6. Strain the water and add the potatoes and spinach to the cooking mince.
7. Mix the mince and vegetables well in the pot.
8. Add tomato purée, mix well, and continue cooking. Do a taste test, add more salt according to taste.
9. As you see the tomato purée cooking, and oil separating, add cilantro leaves.
10. Cover and cook on low heat, until a gravy-like consistency is achieved. Covering will infuse the smell of cilantro leaves into the mince.