Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Potterhead Chronicles: A Magical Winter Scene, Movie Marathon Ending, & "Riddle" the Laptop


Winter is magic. And Winter for Potterheads is a special kind of a magical spell. There's something about watching snow covered Hogwarts grounds, Gryffindor (or your own house) scarves and mufflers on robes, warm Butterbeer, and snowy Hogsmeade in the Harry Potter films. 


HARRY POTTER MOVIE MARATHON

We are having a movie marathon and are currently watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. 

"The Boy Who Lived, come to die" - Voldemort. 

The movies are pretty dark towards the end and they have somehow synchronized with the winter low feels to cast a dreary spell. But, but, but, but ... I am casting all the right spells to wave it off. There are always the themes of love, friendship, courage, and belief that good will prevail, that keep the heart going. 

MAGICAL WIZARDRY DESK WINTER SCENE

Let's zoom in on the Hogwarts winter scene I have put together on the Magical Wizardry Desk for the season. (I am getting Lockhart, love potions, and hearty heart feels coming for another makeover for February and March, but let's put those aside and talk about this first). Of course, the Wizarding World's iconic snowman plush is the star of the show. Also starring Hagrid in his tree hauling pose. I have actually hid the birthday cake the Hagrid Funko is holding, and used cotton balls to make some snow at the base of the tree. The Hogwarts castle Funko has got to be my most beautiful find of the castle yet! It is big! I love the details! I considered using cotton to cover some turrets and roofs but then decided against it because the castle is too gorgeous to mess with. Also check out the stockings and wreath I have displayed around the Room of Requirements for the festive season. It's passing now, so I am beginning to pack those away in time for Spring. I feel the wreath became too cluttered as I rushed to make it in time. But that is me. Chaos and clutter. I will; however, do something different next year God Willing!




"RIDDLE" THE LAPTOP
After Ms. Smoke (my old laptop) crashed due to old age, I got myself a gorgeous Dell that is lighter and as sleek as ever. It's a smooth silver grey, the keyboard display is lit, and the screen is matte. I have been thinking of so many name for it. I name my machines! And there could be nothing better than the name "Riddle" for a sharp, silent machine like that. It is a charmer. 
I went ahead and transferred my old decals from Ms. Smoke to Riddle. Furthermore, I was gifted some beautiful watercolor decals (Conquest Journals) by Sara on my birthday. I decided to add those too! Riddle looks handsome as ever! 

Next up, I am working on taking some photos of my magical winter wear. There's a gorgeous sherpa sweater and a sherpa fleece throw (as soft as clouds) that I want to show you. Stay tuned for the magic ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: