Thursday, January 13, 2022

A Cup of Chai and Radio Silence

4:51PM, January 12, 2022

This is a rare, radio silence kind of a spot in time where I have just returned from a grocery/shopping/chiropractic therapy appointment of a family member and am sipping a piping hot cup of Chai. It's a dropping 6 degrees centigrade outside and every bone is frozen from bringing the groceries and the recycling bin inside trips up and down the driveway. I am in line for a hot shower and am waiting at my desk (a long cloth covering the seat as I am still in my outside clothes and we're taking protective measures during the deadly disease scare). Amidst the mad run, I get these silent moments when there is nothing, not even white noise, and I can just let each nerve cell in my body relax before the next jolt. 

Trust me, 2022 has taken a busy start but it is the good kind of busy where I am not a case of nerves. There's overwhelming work and mountains to deal with. But things appear manageable. The only proactivity I am indulging in is the stuffs that need to get done for filing taxes! This time I am not taking that mammoth task to April because dear God we have Ramadan (the fasting season) starting in April. Nobody can file taxes on an empty stomach. The hunger makes you see things. Haha.

Chai courtesy: @saraallie the outstanding maker of fine Chai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: