Monday, May 4, 2020

Ramadan Diaries: A 30 Day Magic Carpet Ride Begins Day 1, 2, 3 & 4

๐ŸŒ™✨RAMADAN DIARIES ••• This year’s Ramadan decorations Part 1 featuring @sarasbakedcreations Ramadan Cookies Bar. Cookies are the usual iconic Snickerdoodle and New Moon Cookie and some extra sprinkled sugar cookies baked for fun with Mannee and Chunky. For the decor I decided to go with my fireplace this year because of its brick wall. A second part of the decor is in the kitchen ok the usual countertop (post coming soon!) •••

Don't forget to watch Ramdan Diaries (Insta Movie) Part 1
Ramadan Diaries: Day 01 ••• The colors of Ramadan finally made it to Abbie’s Madhouse. It’s a Quarantine Ramadan this year! But the show must go on! Sara is a for fun, hobby baker and her iconic Ramadan cookies (New Moon sugar cookies and Snickerdoodles) are the most waited for treats ••• We put together Ramadan gift baskets for our nieces and the afternoon was spent decorating, gifting, and celebrating the coming of Ramadan was with these angels! ••• My energy levels started dropping after 4pm ••• Dead zombie ๐ŸงŸ‍♀️ mode by 6pm ••• Iftar time! Ahhhh the much needed Rooh Afza sharbat! ••• ๐Ÿท ••• Day 01 chocolate treat was Milky Way! Good! Mannee wanted caramel she got caramel!

๐ŸŒ™✨Ramadan Diaries: Day 02 ••• The day was a breeze, mostly because there was no migraine or body aches and pains! Did the ๐ŸŠ OJ and magnesium work? ••• Just so you know I take a powdered Magnesium supplement “Natural Calm” that helps with migraines, muscle aches and pains, and restless legs! It helps regulate ๐Ÿ’ฉ bowel movement too! ••• On Day 02 I chilled out with the nieces and read them out their Ramadan story book from the gift basket ๐Ÿงบ ••• They were enjoying Sara’s Ramadan cookies ๐Ÿช as well ••• We keep teasing them about how they’re fasting or not? ••• After 4pm, as my feet began to get cold I laid down in my Hogwarts blanket ••• Soon, it was time to make Iftar and well, Chunky had a tantrum because she wanted to eat the chicken filling of the patties SIL was making ••• Sara made fruit chaat and I mixed in the Chat Masala ••• Rooh Afza ๐Ÿท was a must! ••• The Chocolate Walnut Bars finished today so Sara will be making some new dessert now ••• Chocolate treat of the day was Snickers! I love Snickers!

๐ŸŒ™✨Ramadan Diaries: Day 03 ••• Rain ☔️ seems to come with the Ramadan package, brings in the blues for me ••• Sara was baking since the dessert ran out after the Chocolate Walnut Bars finished. ๐Ÿ‹ Lemon Crumble Cheesecake Muffins she said ••• For me, it was time to refill the rice ๐Ÿš so I made some simple Zeera rice and forgot salt! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️ I had to do a salty water hack later to save them ••• Then I made some more candy treat bags as this year due to panic and technical difficulties I couldn’t make em all at the same time ••• Iftar time came quick and Sara’s muffins were a cinch! ••• I am beginning to feel the post-Iftar hangover and caffeine withdrawals ☕️ ••• laziness is me!

๐ŸŒ™✨Ramadan Diaries: Day 04 ••• Each morning near 3:30am (the wee hours) I wake up, offer Tahajjud prayers and jog down in my night suit (Sara trailing behind me) to the kitchen to prep Sehri (the meal we eat before fasting begins) ••• Power Paratha, we like to call it! That’s one flaky flatbread that accompanies kababs or chicken curry and an egg ๐Ÿณ to make one hearty Sehri ••• the day is a blur with two darling nieces frolicking about ••• Day 4 was watching Moana and eating the usual Ramadan cookie treats from Sara’s cookie buffet ••• I usually fry some snacks for Iftar because for some reason our bellies are in no mood for serious eating after the Power Paratha in the wee hours ••• A Dessert Hour follows •••

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: