Thursday, October 18, 2018

Food Journals October 2018 - The Month Of Awesome Cakes, Rolling Flatbreads, & Vegetarian/Seafood Goodness at The Cheesecake Factory


OCTONOVEMBER TAKES OFF!
OCTONOVEMBER is the family's ladies' birthday season! It took off with a gorgeous MAGNIFICENT MOSAIC CAKE done by Sara for our very happy mother. Do check out the post on her Facebook page SARA'S BAKED CREATIONS where she went bonkers with happiness over the mosaic, florals, and bling!

No automatic alt text available.

ENJOYING STARBUCKS FALL FAVORITES
I cast my diet consciousness into oblivion --- rather, into a dark pit --- to welcome Starbucks Fall Beauties! The Boulangerie has some delicious additions too. One by one, through Fall, Sara and I would be enjoying these goodies over deep conversations done in moments of peace. That Pumpkin Scone (left) was SO good! It's a "spiced pumpkin scone with sweet vanilla icing & a pumpkin spice drizzle" and yes! tastes like a pumpkin pie! --- The Classic Coffee Cake was a simpleton that I really liked. The cake with its "cinnamon-sugar blend swirled throughout, is finished with crunchy streusel topping." --- love me a good streusel topping. Salted Caramel Latte, my long lost love, appeared on the menu and I ignored my damaged intestine and sipped! *OUCH* killed my gut! Serves me right for ignoring the gut feeling again.
 "EXCEPTIONALLY ORDINARY" LUNA LOVEGOOD CAKE
Baking and decorating a cake is my annual project on Sara's birthday. She supervises so I don't make it a Greek tragedy. Since last year I decided I would make Harry Potter themed cakes because we are both major Potterheads. This year's theme was Luna Lovegood. Recently we got a Luna Lovegood skater skirt from Hot Topic (so awesome we melted!) and that became the inspiration for my first ever fondant covered cake!!! I feel this cake deserves a separate feature so I'd unveil the magical deets in November. Stay glued!
CHEESECAKE FACTORY BECOMES A FAMILY FAVORITE
3 times!!! I feasted there 3 times! Finding good veggie and seafood diners with variety and customizable options is a challenge! Cheesecake Factory offers just the thing we need. Dynamite Shrimps, Avocado Spring Rolls, and meatless Quesadillas made it to our faves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: