This is an Allrecipes.com recipe, ladies. But I have tweaked it to simplify and also to add volume to the cake. The graham cracker crumbs and butter quantities have been doubled. I've excluded the spices (cinnamon and nutmeg because I wasn't sure how they'd react with artificial sweetener of the pudding, sometimes they take a bitter tinge). I've also substituted regular cream cheese with low fat. You can do the same with milk. I used regular though, I was afraid it would become too runny so I kept some fat.
1.5 cup graham cracker crumbs (from sugar free Digestive biscuits)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (8 ounce) package low fat cream cheese, softened
1.5 cups milk
1 ounce package cheesecake or vanilla flavor sugar-free instant pudding mix (Jell-O)
Fresh strawberries, sliced, as many as you like
8" pie dish or springform pan
LET'S MAKE SOME CAKE!
1. Mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl.
2. Press the mixture into an 8-inch pie dish. Refrigerate while making filling.
3. Beat low fat cream cheese in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until softened. reduce the speed to low, and gradually beat in milk, a little at a time (mixture will be watery). Use a rubber spatula to scrape cream cheese from the sides of the bowl, if necessary.
4. Beat in pudding mix until the filling is thick and smooth.
5. Spoon half of the cream cheese filling into the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
6. Spread half the strawberries over the filling.
7. Repeat cheesecake layer and strawberry layer.
8. Chill pie in refrigerator until set and cold, at least 1 hour.
Be hard when cutting out a slice because the crust hardens. Use a sharp, heavy duty knife and cut a wide piece. The narrower the piece, the wobblier it is and more chances of collapse! Enjoy the recipe!