Wednesday, April 11, 2018

J - Joking About It Saves The Day

I have burned a LOT of brain fuel on worrying, panicking, hyperventilating, fussing, stressing, and trying to avoid a cardiac arrest because of the things life throws me as soon as I open my eyes! I have found an annoying, insane-looking, and sarcastically evil way of responding to them. 
So, when a tenant calls me to say the roof blew off in the storm last night, I take a deep breath and switch into the Jaffar from Aladdin mode to handle the tragedy of the situation. Obviously the news means I will be calling up and begging the super busy contractors before another rain and possible flooding of the house!

I actually imagine the lightning in the background as well when I laugh at myself. That doesn't solve the problem but gives me the stamina to resolve it with a funny attitude. This non-seriousness is needed to calm my nerves down which actually cause me health issues.
So, to avoid my bowel movements due to stress I sometimes resort to the annoying behavior of laughing out loud about things. It doesn't always work, it is not fool proof, but still...

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I needed this. I've been having trouble sleeping this week in particular, and I think part of it is due to stress (but the hypochondriac in me also thinks it's something more - because STRESS IS A PART OF LIFE. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO DON'T STRESS ARE DEAD! And I would argue, even dead people are not fully immune from it). I usually freak out, and feel like my head is whizzing and that I'm going to have a panic attack. And then I proceed to my journal, hurt my hands while writing my feelings, complain to Mr. Rafia because I'm not good at hiding my emotions and be up all night thinking about the matter. Mind if I try your Jafar trick? P.S. I'm so sorry I've been MIA myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please be my guest and try the Jafar trick. You'd overdose on laughter and things would calm down a little inside the very chaotic mind. It helps! Haha! Mr. Rafia would be in for a surprise though, LOL!

      Delete

Leave Me Comments: