INGREDIENTS10 cups finely chopped baby spinach2 cups gently/shortly pre-boiled, cubed potatoes2 red pepper corns1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)1 1/2 tablespoons cumin seeds1 teaspoon cumin powder1/2 teaspoon coriander (cilantro) powder1 tablespoon dried fenugreek (methi) leaves1/4 teaspoon all spice powder (garam masala)
1. Add 1/4 cup oil, 2 red pepper corns, 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional), and 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin seeds in a cooking pot and set on medium heat until the seeds crackle and give off an aroma.
2. Add 2 cups gently/shortly pre-boiled, cubed potatoes, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon coriander (cilantro) powder, 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves (methi), and 1/4 teaspoon all spice powder (garam masala) and saute them for about a minute.
3. Add 10 cups finely chopped baby spinach and begin to saute it until spinach goes limp.
4. Add a couple of tablespoons of water to facilitate cooking the spinach and avoid mixture from getting dry. There should be a very thick gravy-like consistency.
5. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, conduct a taste test and adjust salt.
6. Do not overcook spinach or it will turn black. Serve hot as a vegetable side.