I was not in the mood for the traditional curry so I decided to stir fry chicken and beans together. This turned out to be a delicious, thick, flavorful gravy. Grab the recipe by clicking the link below.
Chicken & Beans at Abbie's Cafe
- Boneless chicken, 1" by 1" square chunks about 15
- Red kidney beans, boiled canned ones, 1 cup
- Chickpeas, boiled canned ones, 1 cup
- Diced tomatoes, canned peeled ones, 1 cup
- Coarse black pepper, 1/4 tsp
- Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder, 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder, a pinch
- Hot sauce, 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Corn flour, 2 tsp
- Canola oil (or vegetable oil), 1/2 cup
- In a skillet, add chicken, coarse black pepper, salt, garlic powder, red chili powder, crushed red pepper.
- Add 2 cups water and set to boil. Add red kidney beans and chickpeas too. Poach the chicken until no water remains.
- Add oil and fry the contents for a minute.
- Add cornflour and fry well until the white cornflour turns brownish and coats the chicken and other contents.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook for a good two minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water, hot sauce, and vinegar, and cook on a simmer until a thick gravy-like consistency is achieved.
- Serve with boiled rice!