Monday, April 2, 2018

A for Approvals Shall Not Be Entertained

I have never needed anybody's approval to scratch an itch on the butt --- no, I am serious! --- and I have never needed anybody's approval to use the toilet --- okay, it was needed in school but trust me very few sinister beings said 'No' when you asked in a little voice that threatened you would soil your pants! Cutting through the chase --- I have learned in 31 years of life that approvals of other people are certainly not needed for me to live my life. Why? I'll tell you why!
I have actually been the fool who has sought other people's approvals for minor and major decisions of my life (not the one to scratch butt though). And believe me --- the kind of suggestions and ideas I got when I put my matters on the table, open to discussion. It looked like the scene out of Armageddon ... NASA guy telling the oil rig workers (big biker/trucker guys) the planet was in the way of a gianormous space rock and asking how to go about digging it and planting a nuke in there. And when an open table discussion happens:
Dan: With the proximity of the asteroid, and no prep time, none of our primary plans can work.
General Kimsey: Why don't we just send up a hundred and fifty nuclear warheads and blast that rock apart?
Ronald Quincy: Terrible idea.
General Kimsey: Was I talkin' to you?
-------- My point is, getting everyone's approval is not necessary! Each person will suggest a different nuclear warhead to nuke my plans! Because it is my broth and I WILL COOK IT! Your approvals are not needed!

2 comments:

  1. you're right, I agreed with you 100% but sometimes, just sometimes, you sort of want approval, not need it but want it which is different.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Comments: