Saturday, April 15, 2017

Letter: To Members Of The Nest Of Intrigue


Do not test my patience
Its depths are but a thousand leagues.
Because beneath the monstrous sea
Of your malicious intrigues
Lies a serene expanse of my persistent calm.
A blind trust in God
Constitutes my poise and charm.
This very grandeur of my belief will suffice
To make your nights uneasy.
No Devil can dare reach
When; through thick and thin,
God stands with me.

This Spring (2017) I am committing to handwritten snippets of poetry wherever I can find the space to write. Letters and Pieces (2017) is a 30 poem collection written impromptu (according to prompts given by NaPoWriMo.net) throughout the month of April (2017) for National Poetry Writing Month. As days go by, the Index for Letters and Pieces will grow.

Day 15: Today's poem is - prompted by NaPoWriMo.net "write a poem that reflects on the nature of being in the middle of something. The poem could be about being on a journey and stopping for a break, or the gap between something half-done and all-done. Half a loaf is supposedly better than none, but what’s the difference between half of a very large loaf and all of a very small one? Let your mind wander into the middle distance, betwixt the beginning of things and the end. Hopefully, you will find some poetry there!"
I feel that I am in the middle of life's journey and I have found a blind trust in God which helps me battle those who find it amusing to make things difficult for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: