Saturday, April 23, 2016

Abbie Says: #20 "Take Care Of Yourself"


Compromising sleep and getting bloodshot eyes for assignments that I just had to make perfect --- holding pee to finish off that one last chore --- rushing food because some crazy thing had to be completed --- overworking just to get everything done on time and perfectly --- eating/drinking convenient foods to save time --- not taking breaks --- denying myself quality alone times --- entertaining nonsense from people --- taking insults --- suppressing my gut feelings --- not believing in myself ---

That's all the kind of neglect that I have shown towards myself. Of course I had to pay for it. My health became a mess I still haven't managed to correct, I got my heart broken into pieces, and I have damaged myself.

The moral of the story is to take care of yourself before the damage goes beyond repair. As crazy as I may sound, I am a reparable loss and I am gradually working my way up. 

Make time for yourself and attend to your needs. Those cracked heels will not repair themselves unless you take time out to moisturize. If you keep drinking that poison soda, your insides will burn out. If you don't visit your chiropractic every once in a while you will spasm into rigor mortis while you are still alive. If you continue to keep that toxic friendship that's giving you nothing but trouble, you will continue feeling miserable. If you continue to waste tears and emotions on people who do not deserve it, your emotional reserves will exhaust. 

Save it, save yourself.

6 comments:

  1. You and I need to actively save each other! We start from tomorrow! You in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I know this is totally unrelated to your post, but I gotta say what an awesome concept for a blog! A comic to accompany each post! Now that's talent and dedication. Now to your post, that's some good advice. With the food though, it's soooo hard because unhealthy food tastes delicious. But I've learned to try to balance things... Which for a clumsy person like me ain't so easy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fudge brownies, red velvet, salted caramel --- all unhealthy and all love! Thanks for liking a comic per post concept. I use my Bitstrip Bitmoji for the comics.

      Delete
  3. 'Put on your oxygen mask first and then help others' - we can't do/change a thing out in the world if we don't first take care of ourselves.

    Great T-post!
    Nilanjana.
    Ninja Minion, A-Z 2016
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I like the oxygen mask reference. But I have never come to appreciate that concept on flights. Knowing me I would help my family first --- because someone or the other would be struggling with the instructions!

      Delete

Leave Me Comments: